Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Uh, oh! Another blog . . .

So, I started my book blog a few months ago and I suppose I have been lax in updating it. I have good intentions, but sometimes I just don't have much to say that I think anyone wants to put up with for more than a good skim. How am I remedying this? I am starting a new blog!

I find that I have a nasty little obsessive-compulsive habit of having to categorize my life. I can't just mush everything together. Soon I will have over 100 blogs that detail all the mundane aspects of my life. Oh, wait - that's Facebook! Just kidding. I am digressing.

Welcome to The Traveling Princesa. Yes, I had to tweak the language a little to get my blog to have this desired title. Apparently, there are many traveling princesses out there. I am just one in the crowd.

I admit it. When it comes to traveling I am high-maintenance. I have a certain level of comfort and pampering that I feel is necessary for me to have an enjoyable experience. My happiness makes my traveling companions happy, too. If the princess is not happy, then the rest of the royal court will suffer.

Okay, now I am just being silly and a little pretentious. I'm not that bad . . .

I got this idea to start this blog because I love to travel. I don't do it as often as I would like. This princess does not have the monetary resources to take off on a jaunt every week. But just recently I was lucky enough to be able to take a 5 day vacation with my husband and I had such an amazing time that I wanted to write about it.

Also, since I am not the wealthiest princesa, I have some savvy, useful tips on how to execute a stately get-away that will not eat up all your cash and credit. I hope to use this blog to pass along those useful tips while sharing with you some of my vacation adventures.

First stop . . . New Orleans! I will update this tomorrow ( I promise) with a first-hand look at this city that is full of history and contrast. Keep checking out my other blog http://themidnightbookblog.blogspot.com/. I will get my book reviews posted soon. Who knows maybe the two blogs will merge. We always need good vacation reads, right?

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment